Wednesday, August 19, 2009

The C. Club @ Pavilion KL

I had a lunch date with my friend, Ping and having not dined much in Pavilion before, we weren't sure where to go. The dramatic chandelier inside C.Club caught our eyes - it was dazzling, sparkly and looked oh-so-cool. So, we decided to give this place a try since one of my friends said this place does amazing desserts. However, this restaurant turned out to be one of those restaurants which fits the English idiom 'Never judge a book by its cover'.





Carat Club downstairs, where you can shop for diamonds


Okay, the restaurant may look posh and all, and you may instantly think "fine dining". And for the prices you pay in there, you would expect the food to be half decent. But, we were so wrong.


The Bar



For drinks, I ordered the C.Club Special Homemade Ginger Beer but was later told that they had ran out of this drink. Bearing in mind, we arrived around noon and they have only started business for a couple of hours. The waiter recommended the Virgin Lychee Mojito (RM18); he assured me it was "very good". Honestly, it wasn't that good, in fact, it was far too sweet for my liking.

I had the grilled aged tenderloin on wakame and hijiki with wasabi and sea urchin beurre blanc, topped with brocollini and tempura shimeji mushrooms (RM69) for my main. The food presentation was good, however.... it's one of the worst piece of steak I've ever tasted in my life. The tenderloin is supposed to be the most tender part of the cow! However, this piece of tenderloin on the plate in front of me was so chewy - I couldn't even chew and swallow it. I think only 20% of the meat was edible.


Ping had the lamb (can't remember the exact description) but there is no doubt that her dish is better than mine. She kindly offered me some lamb and offered to help me eat some of my meat, but even she struggled with it.


When the waiter came to clear our table, I showed him how much meat I had left on my plate and politely asked him to ask the chef to try some of his handiwork. He came back and apologized for the bad meat, but it was a little too late for apologies. He offered us a complimentary dessert, and we had the C.Club supermisu which was the best thing I had in there that day.



Needless to say, this is one place I would not be returning to.




Comfort: Nice decor, but I didnt like the plasticky chairs at the entrance. Even though they were designer chairs, they look tacky.
Service: Service was good despite the bad food.
Price: A little on the pricey side, but nothing is cheap in Pavilion.
Food: Do I need to repeat myself?
Location: The C.Club, Level 6, Pavilion Kuala Lumpur, 168 Jalan Bukit Bintang, 55100 Kuala Lumpur.

1 comment:

Please drop any comments or questions you may have here. Thank you so much for reading!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...