Monday, June 30, 2014

Recipe: Chicken Georgia (Paula Deen)

Hi guys! Sorry for the lack of updates during the last few days as I was away on holiday with my kids. You'll be able read all about it on my blog soon.

Since it's the last day of June today, I better post my last recipe for "Cook like Paula Deen/Deen Bros" today. I made this Paula Deen's Chicken Georgia last week for lunch - quick and easy. I'm not quite sure how this dish got its name (a quick Google search revealed no results) but I do know Paula Deen is from Georgia (and still resides there) as well as owning a restaurant over there.



Chicken Georgia is a dish of pan-fried chicken breast, topped with melted mozzarella cheese, shallots and mushrooms. As I was cooking this for lunch, I made a small portion of chicken but with extra mushrooms. I also changed the cooking method, starting with pan frying the chicken first, sprinkling cheese on top to let it melt, then only cooked the mushrooms and shallots last and topping it on the chicken and cheese.  Be generous with the mozzarella cheese, as it makes the dish taste extra yummy.




Chicken Georgia
Recipe by Baby Sumo, adapted from Paula Deen
Preparation time: 5 minutes
Cooking time: 12-13 minutes
Serves 1

Ingredients
1 tbsp olive oil
1 skinless boneless chicken breast, about 100g
3-4 tbsp butter
100g white button mushrooms, sliced
2 shallots, finely chopped
1 garlic, finely chopped
1 - 1 1/2 tbsp grated mozzarella cheese
Salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste

To serve
2-3 butterhead lettuce leaves
2 cherry tomatoes



1. In a frying pan, heat oil over medium heat. Season the chicken on both sides with salt and pepper and place in pan. Cook for 3-4 minutes each side, then flip over and cook for a further 3-4 minutes, until chicken is cooked through. Transfer chicken to serving plate, then sprinkle with grated cheese.

2. Meanwhile, melt butter over medium heat in same pan. Add garlic and shallots, and cook for about 1 minute, then add mushrooms and cook for a further 2-3 minutes, until tender. Season with salt and pepper. Top the mushrooms onto the mozzarella to help it melt further. Let stand 5 minutes before serving or just until the cheese has melted.

3. Serve with some butterhead lettuce and cherry tomatoes. 

Note: The above is a ladies portion, just nice for my lunch.




I am linking this to Cook like a Star (Paula Deen and Deen brothers theme) organised by Zoe of Bake for Happy Kids, Joyce from Kitchen Flavours and Diana from Domestic Goddess Wannabe.


If you enjoyed reading my posts, LIKE me on Facebook! You can also follow me on Instagram (@babysumo) for more photo updates. Thanks :)

15 comments:

  1. Look so yummy. Is look like very easy to cook . Wanna try it .
    Thanks for sharing Baby Sumo :-D

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks delicious and the best part is the steps are simple. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds simple to prepare and yet delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Yen,
    Simple and yummy! My kinda meal!
    Thanks for linking!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This was on my to-cook list but I ran out of time. When I looked at your chicken, I really wish I had made time to make this!!! YUMS!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That looks like a nice lunch - quick but yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ahhh... simple and good, but i like your cherry tomatoes more though, they look very fresh :p

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Yen,

    I have never been to Georgia before and wonder how does their signature chicken dish taste like... All I know now is your PD's inspired Georgia chicken looks and sounds very superb!

    Enjoy the rest of your holidays!

    Zoe

    ReplyDelete
  9. I wish I could get those mushrooms here. Once in a while, we may get some reasonably decent ones - over RM10.00 a tub. Usually, not available...or we get some that look so horrible I would not want to buy. :(

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love this combination! I'd serve with simple pasta and make it for dinner. =P Thanks for sharing the recipe. You're impressive, already cooking after vacation. :D

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Yen! This is simple, healthy and delish!

    ReplyDelete
  12. hope the vacation was great for you and the kids :D glad you're back to posting delicious-looking recipes like this creamy chicken :D

    ReplyDelete
  13. hi yen, i can imagine how tasty this is with the melted cheese and the sauce from the mushrooms and shallots!

    ReplyDelete

Please drop any comments or questions you may have here. Thank you so much for reading!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...