Monday, March 6, 2017

Recipe: Stir fried Pork with Kimchi (Jaeyook Bokkeum)

Since we had a new batch of homemade kimchi, I decided to try cooking a new dish for the family to try. Stir fried kimchi pork is also known as jaeyook bokkeum (the Korean version) or buta kimchi (the Japanese version).. however I did not follow any recipes in particular, and made it to my taste.

As you can see, my version is super easy. I used pork loin as the meat is tender and does not require much cooking. It is first marinated with sesame oil and ginger wine, then stir fried along with kimchi as well as some kimchi juice. If you prefer your pork spicier, feel free to add gochugaru (Korean red pepper flakes), however I omitted this as I'm feeding it to the kids too.



To my surprise, both the kids loved this! Especially Daniel, who asked me to make this again for him. No problems son, mummy loves it too!



Check out the recipe video on YouTube


Stir fried pork with kimchi
Recipe by Baby Sumo
Preparation time: 5 minutes
Cooking time: 9-10 minutes
Serves 4

Ingredients
300g pork loin, sliced thinly
1 tsp sesame oil
1 tsp ginger wine
2 tbsp cooking oil
4-5 cloves garlic, finely chopped
1 small onion, thinly sliced
2 cups kimchi, cut into small pieces
2-3 tbsp kimchi juice
1-2 tbsp fish sauce

1. Marinate the pork with sesame oil and ginger wine for 5 minutes.

2. In a wok, heat oil over medium high heat. Add the garlic and onion and saute for about 2 minutes, until onions have softened.

3. Add the marinated pork and saute for 4-5 minutes, until cooked through.

4. Add kimchi and mix well. Then, add some kimchi juice and season with fish sauce. Taste and add some gochugaru if you prefer it to be spicier.



5. Serve hot with rice.










If you enjoyed reading my posts, LIKE me on Facebook! You can also follow me on Instagram (@babysumo) for more photo updates or Dayre for daily updates. Thanks :)

2 comments:

  1. My missus makes her own kim chi and yes, she cooks this dish too. I quite like it even though I am no fan of kim chi, not like her and our girl - they are so into anything and everything Korean.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks delicious! I love Korean food :)

    ReplyDelete

Please drop any comments or questions you may have here. Thank you so much for reading!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...